Mobile menu

Victoria commissioned works that memorialised her beloved husband

Jane and Margaret Davison (active 1870)

The south side of the interior of the Albert Memorial Chapel, Windsor 1874

Carbon print | 23.0 x 18.7 cm (image) | RCIN 2101205

Your share link is...

  Close

Photograph of the south side of the Albert Memorial Chapel with the Prince Consort's cenotaph in the background.

The photograph is accompanied by a caption: 'THE CHAPEL; SOUTH SIDE; THIS third photograph give slightly more detail of the south side.'
  • Creator(s)

    Jane and Margaret Davison (active 1870) (photographer)

    Subject(s)
    Henri Joseph Fran├žois, Baron de Triqueti (1804-74)
    Prince Albert, Prince Consort (1819-61)
  • 23.0 x 18.7 cm (image)

  • The Chapel. South Side. [The Triqueti Marbles in the Albert Memorial Chapel, Windsor]

  • Acquired by Queen Victoria by 1876

  • Object type(s)
      • visual works
        • albums
          • photograph albums
        • photographs
    Subject(s)
    • Places
      • Europe
        • Great Britain
          • England
            • Berkshire [England]
              • Windsor [Berkshire]
                • Windsor Castle
                  • Lower Ward [Windsor Castle]
                    • Albert Memorial Chapel [Windsor Castle]
    • Science, Medicine and Technology
      • Glass
        • Stained glass
    • Arts, Recreation, Entertainment & Sport
      • Plastic arts
        • Sculpture
          • Statues
    • Religion & Theology
      • Religions and faiths
        • Christianity
          • Practical theology (Christian). Religious practices. Ascetic and mystical theology
            • Christian art & symbolism
              • Effigies in churches